The sluggish bus engine was replaced with the most powerful that would fit, a menacing ram added and the roof decorated with tank traps and barbed wire; this box is now one of the most brutal vehicles on the grid.
- PlayStation Store description
The Arizona was added to MotorStorm as downloadable content, through separate regional means:
- as part of the Arizona & Patriot 85 vehicle pack, via the EU PlayStation Store;
- and as part of the Revenge Weekend, via the US PlayStation Store (available individually as MotorStorm Vehicle 4)
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift
The Arizona is unlocked by achieving a Gold medal in all Eliminator events, earning the "Last Man Standing" trophy. It can unlocked immediately as part of the free Atlas Signature Livery Pack, however the single livery will be the only one available to use until the player has gained the stated trophy.
The Atlas Arizona appears to be a beat-up school bus. It has its own dangerous signature features, which includes, but not limited to, a spiked battering ram attached to the front bumper, three barb-wired beach obstacles popping out from its roof, and a "stop sign", which is rather humorously attached from the rear bumper.
- In MotorStorm, the Arizona has a completely different engine sound compared to the other Big Rigs (which heavily resembles that of a 5.9L Cummins V8 that revs to 3,500 RPM). Also, the usual horn function would be a regular Big Rig horn but this bus has bells as a horn sound. These unique attributes do not reappear in Pacific Rift.
- The Atlas Arizona is one of two buses to appear in the series, the second being the Monarch Decker.
- This is one of the three vehicles in the game series named after US States; the two others being the Mohawk Indiana and the Mohawk Montana.
- The Arizona has been described by the developers as a "bus that's been Mad Max-ified"
- The Arizona is also included in the Mischief Vehicle Pack 1 for MotorStorm RC.
- In Pacific Rift, Willy Pecker ("School Bus" livery) and Travis Ryan (black flames livery) are AI Characters seen driving this vehicle.