The Atlas Governor is a Big Rig from American heavyweight favourites, Atlas. Their 4th MotorStorm approved vehicle, the Governor represents Atlas at the peak of their craft - a hard-hitting destruction machine that absolutely will not be stopped.
- PlayStation Store description
The Governor was added to MotorStorm as downloadable content, through separate regional means:
- as part of Rascal & Governor vehicle pack; via the EU PlayStation Store;
- as part of the Devil's Weekend; via the US PlayStation Store
The Governor resembles the Freightliner FLA, that notably appears in Terminator 2: Judgement Day; the first chase scene in the movie has the villanous T-1000 drive a truck very similar to this one in pursuit of the teenaged John Connor, who is on his motorcycle. The name of this vehicle appears to be an homage to the movie's lead, who is a former Governor of California.
- In Pacific Rift, the rear bumper of the Governor's yellow livery reads Reptiles on a Rig, a reference to the movie Snakes on a Plane. It is even written in the same font.
- In Pacific Rift, Governors driven by the AI can use the liveries that were only available to players in Monument Valley, which are now unusable for players for unexplained reasons. This effectively makes them the only "AI-only" liveries in Pacific Rift.
- When this vehicle crashes, the unused rear wheels can be removed, giving it a four-wheeler appearance.
- This vehicle is also included in MotorStorm RC as a remote-control big rig.
- This Big Rig bears a slight resemblance to the cab of Optimus Prime from the original series of The Transformers in the 1980s, although there is no livery that looks like him.
- Like all other DLC vehicles from MotorStorm, it is one of the few vehicles in Pacific Rift that doesn't carry any liveries over from the original game (except for the AI Characters).
- In Pacific Rift, Alfred Beit (beige "Skulls" livery), Jackson Stone (blue/olive "Star" livery) and Cerridwen (black/orange "Canyon" livery) are the AI Characters seen driving this vehicle.