The Badges in MotorStorm: Arctic Edge are the game equivalent to Trophies in the other MotorStorm games. There are 50 unlockable badges in the PlayStation Portable version of the game (35 in the PlayStation 2 version).
As there's no photo mode on PS2, the various emblem packs, liveries and drivers based on other Sony IPs are unlocked via earinng specific badges. The known ones are Killzone pack, which is unlocked by getting the Guerilla Tactics badge, and the Pursuit Force pack, which is unlocked by getting the Sky High badge.
|Arctic Edge Bronze||Bronze or better in all Festival events|
|Arctic Edge Silver||Silver or better in all Festival events|
|Arctic Edge Gold||Gold in all Festival events|
|Race Ace||Win all Festival Standard Races|
|Flying Solo||Win all Festival Speed events|
|Tick Tick Boom||Win all Festival Time Ticker events|
|Top of the Class||Win all Festival Invitational Vehicle events|
|In the Zone||Win all Festival Invitational Zone events|
|Membership Approved||Win all Festival Invitational events|
|Crash Withdrawal||Bronze or better in a Festival Standard Race without wrecking|
|Eye on the Prize||Gold in any Festival event|
|Finders Keepers||Unlock all Badges|
|No, Hire Me!||Beat all 192 developer times in Time Attack|
|Tourist||Travel a total of 500 km|
|Long Haul||Travel a total of 1,000 km|
|How Far!?||Travel a total of 2,000 km|
|Burn to Earn||5 Boost Explosion wins|
|Flame and Fortune||20 Boost Explosion wins|
|Time Served||Spend 10 hours racing Online|
|Lock Up when You're Done||Play for a total of 24 hours|
|Cover Your Tracks||Cause 5 Avalanches|
|A Bridge Too Far||Break 5 Ice Bridges|
|Spin to Win||360 Bobsleigh Corner Spin|
|There Goes My Lunch||1,080 Bobsleigh Corner Spin|
|Tortoise||Win a Race without Boosting|
|Online Baby||Finish a Ranked Online Race|
|Online Learner||Win 5 Ranked Gold Medals|
|Online Master||Win 50 Ranked Gold Medals|
|Online Rookie||Achieve Online Rank 2|
|Online Veteran||Achieve Online Rank 3|
|Online Hero||Achieve Online Rank 4|
|Online Legend||Achieve Online Rank 5|
|Back in the Day||All Pursuit Force™ Emblems found|
|Guerrilla Tactics||All Killzone™ Emblems found|
|Sack It to 'em||All LittleBigPlanet™ Emblems found|
|Furious Exchange||All WipEout® Emblems found|
|Keep It in the Family||All Emblems found|
|Arctic Explorer||All Tracks raced|
|Double Parked||All Vehicles unlocked|
|In Disguise||All Liveries unlocked|
|Re-Spray||First Custom Vehicle created|
|I Like to Watch||All Media unlocked|
|Anything Else?||All Unlocks found|
|Photo Storm||Save a picture in Photo Mode|
|Did You See That?||Upload a Ghost Lap|
|See Ya!||Boost Continuously for 700 m|
|Sky High||Jump 200 m or more|
|Fire Hazard||Boost Explode 50 times|
|Driving Test?||Wreck 50 times|
|Grease Monkey||Customise one Vehicle of every Class|
- The badges are the game equivalent to Trophies in the other MotorStorm games.
- The "Finders Keepers" badge can be considered the game equivalent to the Platinum Trophy in the other MotorStorm games, as this badge requires the players unlock all the other badges.
- The "Tick Tick Boom" badge name is a reference to one of the songs in the game soundtrack.
- Since all the Arctic Edge online servers were shut down indefinitely on October 1st 2012, some of the in-game badges in the PSP version are now impossible to unlock. The badges now impossible to unlock are mostly related to Online Multiplayer mode. As well, in the PSP version, the "Finders Keepers" badge is now impossible to unlock.
- With Online Features and Photo Mode omitted in the PlayStation 2 port, there were 15 badges removed during the porting as well, making a total of 35 badges in the PS2 version.
- The removed badges were related to the omitted features: "Time Served", "Online Baby", "Online Learner", "Online Master", "Online Rookie", "Online Veteran", "Online Hero", "Online Legend", "Back in the Day", "Guerrilla Tactics", "Sack It to 'em", "Furious Exchange", "Keep It in the Family", "Photo Storm", and "Did You See That?"
- Four of the said badges ("Back in the Day", "Guerrilla Tactics", "Sack It to 'em", "Furious Exchange") weren't actually removed from the PS2 version, but the developers only changed the tasks.
- With the exception of the badges themselves, no unlocks are tied to online gameplay in Arctic Edge; there should be little issue with the online server shutdown for those who are only in it for the unlocks.