The Blacksun J-GT resembles a Mazda RX-7 FD; if the hood is removed, players can see a V8 engine unlike the actual RX7's rotary engine. This vehicle's body modifications (as well as the name itself) hint that it may be inspired by the Japanese Super GT/JGTC.
- Tyler uses this Supercar in Downtown: "Retail Therapy".
- This is one of the two usable vehicles in the Apocalypse demo, the other being a Superbike, the Wasabi Hayato.
- Not counting DLC Supercars, this vehicle is the only Supercar to be front-engined.
- The Blacksun J-GT was sighted in the MotorStorm RC Pro-Am Expansion Pack and Carnival Expansion Pack trailers, and it now appears in the said game as an individual DLC vehicle. It is marketed as the "Veteran Supercar", and is available to download for the price £0.40/€0.49/$0.49.
- This is also the preferred Supercar of Hunter.
- The Blacksun J-GT, along with other cars, make a brief cameo in WipEout 2048's intro sequence, in the 2025 scene.
- The Blacksun J-GT is one of the few vehicles in the MotorStorm series to have its own name imposed upon itself; the others are the Italia Areto and the Wombat Darkwood.
- This vehicle is featured on the artwork of the "Supercar" Festival Card (#112).